Plywood box, as the name implies, is a box made of plywood as the box surface material and wood as the box file. Plywood refers to a board made of multiple layers of thin boards glued by an adhesive. It is usually composed of an odd number of thin wood chips . The defects of the wood are overcome through a reasonable structure, so that the wood has higher physical properties. The plywood box has the characteristics of being less affected by the moisture content in the air, no warping, convenient construction, and good horizontal grain tensile performance. In addition, this kind of box can be well adapted to the load, and it is more convenient to load and transport, and can be reused, so it is widely used, involving packaging applications in multiple industries such as construction, furniture, machinery, and hardware.
Advantages of plywood box:
- During the production process of plywood, no sawdust is produced, which can make reasonable and effective use of log resources, improve the utilization rate of natural wood, and is an important way to save wood.
- Plywood has light bulk density, good bending resistance, convenient transportation and construction, and beautiful texture, which makes up for some natural defects of wood and has good decorative properties. In some structural parts that require load-bearing, the use of thin core panels will provide more strength.
- It has strong weather resistance, high temperature resistance and durability. It can be used in places where panels are needed such as airplanes, ships, trains, automobiles, home decoration, construction and containers.
- Suitable for long-term transportation and storage, and can be reused many times
- It meets the requirements of commodity export packaging quarantine and inspection, and is an export-free product
- Firm, reliable and durable: It has been proved in a large number of drop tests that plywood wooden boxes are superior to other wooden boxes in strength and durability, so both in transportation and long-term storage are better than other wooden boxes.
Disadvantages of plywood wooden box:
- The width is limited, if used for large-size products, it needs to be spliced;
- The strength is not as good as the log, and the large format is difficult to maintain good flatness.
Thank you for reading. The above is a brief introduction to the advantages and disadvantages of plywood boxes by Pengpai Packaging Engineering. When we choose the panels, we must carefully select them according to our actual needs. I hope this article can help you.