Stratview Research has published a new research report on the ‘Automated External Defibrillators Market’. This report covers the top regions & countries of the world and shows a region-wise development status, including market size, shares, revenue, opportunities, and strategies to enhance growth across the globe. This report provides a 5-year pre-historic and future forecast for the segment and a comprehensive overview of the global market size.
Automated External Defibrillators Market: Report Highlights
The automated external defibrillators market was estimated at USD 1.71 billion in 2021 and is likely to grow at a CAGR of 7.05% during 2022-2028 to reach USD 2.77 billion in 2028.
Automated external defibrillators are defined as portable, life-saving devices which analyze the rhythm of the heart and treat people who experience sudden cardiac arrest. Cardiac arrest is a medical ailment wherein the heart stops beating. This device detects the problem and treats the same by delivering an electric shock to restore normal heart rhythm. These devices are of small size and thus, are easy to use.
The rapidly expanding aging population has also resulted in increased demands for automated external defibrillators.
- The market growth is primarily driven by an increase in the number of people suffering from cardiovascular diseases as a result of a busy lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits.
- The rise in the number of people dying due to cardiac arrest is likely to fuel the demand for automated defibrillators at a significant rate.
- Growing emphasis on technological advancement in these devices is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the players operating in the global automated external defibrillators market during the review period
Impact of COVID-19 on Automated External Defibrillators Market
The Covid-19 outbreak impacted the growth of automated external defibrillators positively. With the rapid surge in covid-19 cases, healthcare facilities across geographies were focusing on treating patients infected with the coronavirus. This resulted in an increased need for automated defibrillators to ensure patients suffering from cardiac arrest could be provided with the best chances of survival.
Market Segments’ Analysis
Based on end users, the market has been divided into hospitals, public access, emergency medical services, homes, and private cardiac clinics.
In 2021, the hospital’s segment garnered the largest market share. The public access segment is likely to grow at a significant rate during the review period on account of the rise in the number of sudden cardiac arrest cases worldwide.
The market in North America accounted for the largest share of approximately 30% in 2021.
This was due to the increasing geriatric population, the rise in the number of people dying due to cardiac arrest, and the growing emphasis on technological advancement in defibrillators.
The market in the Asia-Pacific region is projected to register a healthy growth rate on account of rising product awareness among consumers and expanding the healthcare industry in developing countries.
The supply chain of this market comprises raw material manufacturers, distributors, and users. Some of the key players in the Automated External Defibrillators Market are-
- Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Netherlands),
- Physio-Control Corporation (The U.S),
- Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd (Japan),
- Nihon Kohden Corporation (Japan),
- Schiller AG (Switzerland),
- Mindray Medical International Limited (China),
- GE Healthcare (The U.S),
- Stryker Corporation (The U.S),
- Cardiac Science Corporation (The U.S),
- Zoll Medical Corporation (The U.S),
- Metrax GmbH (Germany), and
- Biotronik (Germany).
Why to invest in this report?
The report provides critical insights into the market dynamics and enables strategic decision-making for the existing market players as well as those willing to enter the market. The following are the key features of the report:
- Market structure: Overview, industry life cycle analysis, supply chain analysis
- Market environment analysis: Growth drivers and constraints,
- Market trend and forecast analysis
- Market segment trend and forecast
- Competitive landscape and dynamics: Market share, Product portfolio, new product launches, etc.
- Attractive market segments and associated growth opportunities
- Emerging trends
- Key success factors
Stratview research also offers custom research services across sectors. In case of any custom research requirement related to market assessment, competitive benchmarking, sourcing and procurement, target screening, and others, please send your inquiry to –
About Stratview Research:
Stratview Research is a trusted global market intelligence and strategic consulting firm providing inclusive range of services to multiple clients across a wide array of industries. The team of veterans and analysts have extensive experience in executing custom research projects for mid-sized to fortune companies, in the areas of Market Assessment, Opportunity Screening, Competitive Intelligence, Due Diligence, Target Screening, Market Entry Strategy, and more.