Cheese Powder Industry Overview
The global cheese powder market size is poised to reach USD 1.83 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period. The market is likely to witness healthy growth over the coming years owing to surge in requirement of cheese powder in a wide range of snacks, especially in developed markets. Rising disposable income coupled with increasing share of working class professionals will boost the growth of the market over the forecast period.
Cheese Powder Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global cheese powder market on the basis of product, application, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Cheddar, Parmesan, Blue Cheese, Romano, Swiss, Others.
- Cheddar cheese is hard, ripened cheese with a long shelf life and has gained popularity because of its distinct taste, flavor, and aroma. It is highly popular in Europe and North America. Surging demand for specialty and premium flavors is likely to escalate the growth of this segment.
- Cheese manufacturers are focusing on providing personalized flavors in the cheddar cheese powder segment, ranging from sweet and buttery to savory flours. In addition, manufacturers are exploring innovative ingredients to develop new flavor profiles and product offerings.
- DSM – a science-based company in Health, Nutrition and Sustainable living introduced a portfolio of seven cultures for creating mature and unique taste in this segment. In the coming years, cheese manufacturers predict that cheddar cheese sprinkled with chili and ghost pepper is expected to be an everyday product by 2025.
- “Swissness” remained a crucial selling trend as customers demand good quality and authentic cheese products. The concept is estimated to remain strong along with sustainability and provenance.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Snacks, Bakery & Confectionery, Dips/Dressings/Dry Mix/Sauces, Flavors, Ready to Eat, Others.
- Snack sales amounted to USD 374 billion in 2014 and increased at over 2.0% y-o-y through 2018. The sales grew more than two times faster in developing regions, owing to rise in per capita disposable incomes, presenting a potential opportunity for the industry.
- According to data reported by SPINS, more than 90.0% of adults are snacking daily and the industry offers huge opportunities for product manufacturers. High sales of key snacks such as yogurt, protein bars, and hummus because of their clean labels and whole food ingredients are projected to boost the growth of snacks segment in the cheese powder market.
- Application of the product is ready to eat foods and snacks are poised to rise at a high rate during the forecast period. People worldwide are gradually inclining towards baked goods and that is a big win for the baking industry.
- Hence, product demand in the bakery & confectionery products, both at domestic and industrial levels, is likely to create opportunities for manufacturers during the forecast period.
Cheese Powder Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The industry is highly competitive in nature. It offers various opportunities for new entrants owing to continuous shift in consumer preferences and easy raw material availability. Lactosan launched new products in order to increase calcium levels in their offerings, which have six times more nutrients in comparison to other products.
Some prominent players in the global cheese powder market include
- Land O'Lakes, Inc.
- Kerry Group PLC
- Kraft Heinz Company
- Lactosan A/S
- Archer Daniels Midland
- Commercial Creamery Company
- Kanegrade Limited
- Aarkay Food Products Ltd.
Order a free sample PDF of the Cheese Powder Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519