Chromatography Resin Industry Overview
The global chromatography resin market size is expected to reach USD 3.07 billion by 2030, as per a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is projected to advance at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2022 to 2030. The growth is majorly driven by the constantly increasing need for drug development activities for the production of biopharma and biological products for diagnostics. The chromatography technique is used in therapeutic drug monitoring, which is used when a patient is on toxic medication to analyze the blood and urine levels. Such tests of blood, urine, stool, and umbilical cord on a regular basis are beneficial to ensure that the patient is taking an appropriate dose of medication. This technique helps companies develop and manufacture biological pharmaceutical tools to achieve the safety and quality of active ingredients.
Chromatography Resin Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global chromatography resin market report on the basis of type, technique, end-use, and region:
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into natural, synthetic and inorganic
- The natural resin segment dominated the market with a revenue share of more than 51% in 2021. This high share is attributable to the increased consumption of naturally derived products, and wide utilization of size exclusion chromatography and paper chromatography in several industrial applications.
- Natural resin consumption in North America is largely dominated by the U.S. on account of the presence of several global pharmaceutical giants in the country. The expanding pharmaceutical and biomedical sectors because of the rise in healthcare expenditure, and increasing demand from the F&B sector, are key drivers for the market in North America.
- On the other hand, the synthetic resin segment is anticipated to grow at a faster pace during the projection period, owing to its rising utilization in ion exchange chromatography, which is used in F&B industry, as well as in areas such as chemicals, pharmaceuticals, petrochemicals, sugar production, water treatment, and softening of industrial water.
Based on the Technique Insights, the market is segmented into ion exchange, affinity, hydrophobic interaction, size exclusion and others
- The ion exchange technique segment dominated the market with a revenue share of over 42% in 2021. This high share is attributable to the increasing emphasis on drug discovery processes by major pharmaceutical companies and CROs (contract research organizations).
- On the other hand, affinity emerged as the second-largest technique segment, accounting for more than 26% of the overall market share. The continuous rise in the use of monoclonal antibodies, and increasing demand for protein purification and nucleic acid purification processes are the major factors responsible for propelling the growth of the affinity resin market.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into pharmaceutical & biotechnology and food & beverage
- The pharmaceutical & biotechnology end-use segment dominated the chromatography resin market with a revenue share of over 87% in 2021. The high segmental share is attributable to the increased consumption of these resins in pharmaceutical processes to produce extremely pure materials in large quantities and to examine the purified compounds for contamination.
- Moreover, growing use of monoclonal antibodies in critical therapeutic areas such as oncology, tuberculosis, and autoimmune diseases is likely to drive demand for chromatography resins in the coming years.
- The increasing number of contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) and contract research organizations (CROs) in the pharmaceutical sector is anticipated to drive the product demand.
- The food & beverages end-use segment is anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment during the projection period, owing to the increasing implementation of strict guidelines issued by food regulatory authorities all over the world.
Chromatography Resin Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market for chromatography resin is not a consolidated industry but a diversified one, with the presence of both multinational and local players. Key players such as Thermo Fisher, Merck, and GE Healthcare have a wide-ranging product portfolio, extensive distribution network, and high degree of operational integration. The major players in the chromatography resin industry are investing extensively in R&D, which has led to the invention of several novel products that can be utilized across the previously niche market.
Some prominent players in the global chromatography resin market include:
- Merck KGaA
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- WIPRO GE HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation.
Order a free sample PDF of the Chromatography Resin Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]