The QuickBooks error 5 “Got unexpected error 5 in call to NetShareGetInfo for path” occurs when the QuickBooks Database Service Manager cannot access the file location due to restrictions. This can happen for a number of reasons, including:
How to Fix Got unexpected Error 5 in call to NetShareGetInfo for Path
- Incorrect installation of QuickBooks: If QuickBooks was not installed correctly, it may not have the necessary permissions to access the file location.
- Forced shutdown or improper Shutdown: If your computer was forced to shut down or shut down improperly, it may have corrupted the Windows registry or other system files. This can prevent QuickBooks from accessing the file location.
- Virus or Malware Infection: A virus or malware infection can damage system files or registry entries, preventing QuickBooks from accessing the file location.
- Deleted Registry Entries or System Files: If registry entries or system files are deleted accidentally or by a malicious program, it can prevent QuickBooks from accessing the file location.
- Insufficient user Permissions: If the user account that is currently logged in does not have the necessary permissions to access the file location, QuickBooks will not be able to access it.
- Invalid Download Location for POS update: If the download location for a QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) update is invalid, QuickBooks may not be able to access the file location.