Planning a doctor visit or picking up prescriptions at a pharmacy you’re going to for the first time? For this, you must have your insurance card at hand. If you’ve lost yours or don’t know where it is, you can print a temporary card or request a new one at Blue Access for Members (SM) (BAM). Here is a brief description of what you need to do:
Print a temporary ID card
If you need a card today for a medical appointment or to go to the pharmacy, you can print a temporary card from various sections of Blue Access for Members.
- Sign in to Blue Access for Members. If you haven’t registered yet, you’ll need to have your group and insured number handy. This information is in the welcome letter we sent you.
- Once you’ve logged in, click Digital Membership Card on the home page.
Once there, click Print Card. Notice: Your computer must be connected to a printer.
Request an insurance card
Through Blue Access for Members, you can also request an additional member card or a replacement for a lost card.
- Sign in to Blue Access for Members. If you have not yet registered, you must have your group and insured number at hand. This information is in the welcome letter we sent you.
- Once you’ve signed in, click Digital Member Card on the home page.
- From there, click Request Card.
- Confirm your address and click the orange button to request a new card. We will send you the card(s) within two weeks. Regardless of how many people are included in your policy, Blue Access for Members will generate only one member card at a time. If you need more than one, you must apply for multiple cards individually.
- If you have questions about the information in your Blue Access for Members accounts, such as benefit or claim information, please contact us in the following ways:
- Call the Customer Service number on your ID card.
- Send a private message through the “Message Center” in Blue Access for Members.