In the past 5 years, many water purification equipment enterprises will “large flux no tank water purifier” as a new selling point in the market, and even some individual enterprises have publicly announced that they are not ready to produce small 50 gallon water purifier. For large flux no tank water purifier, they will do their best to produce and sell it. Large flux refers to the water production capacity can reach 400-800 gallons. A water purification device that does not require a pressure tank to buffer water. So, is the high-throughput water purifier really good? Are consumers really satisfied with the security, the cost performance and the post-experience? For these problems, we will make a detailed discussion in this paper.
Household water purifier gallon (G) What does it mean?
A gallon is a unit. A gallon (G) is about 3.8 liters; 2. Household water purifier 50G(gallon) means that the water purifier can produce 50 gallons of water every day. Roughly, the water production capacity of 50 gallon water purifier is about 8 liters per hour, and 133 milliliters per minute. 3. National standard (GBT22090-2008), which stipulates that for products similar to water dispensers and water purifiers, the flow rate of water intake tap should not be lower than 0.8 liters per minute (the flow rate of water is too small to wait for a long time). The average 50-gallon capacity is 0.133 liters per minute, which is obviously not up to the national standard of 0.8 liters per minute, which explains why many 50-gallon machines have a small pressure barrel.
Why are most water purifiers on the market 50 gallons?
We can make corresponding analysis. Now most of us are in a family of four, and we can calculate that each person needs 4 liters of pure water every day. Of course, this amount includes drinking, soup making, cooking, etc., which is quite a large number. So a household’s total daily need for pure water is about 24 liters.
Then we concentrate the use time of the 24 liters of water to the morning, middle and evening three time periods, each time period 1 hour to calculate, then for the water purifier production capacity requirements is 8 liters of water per hour. That’s a very large amount. It’s more than enough for a family of six, not to mention that we’re basically a family of four or a family of three now.
So a 50-gallon water purifier, with a capacity of 8 liters per hour, is perfectly fine for a normal household. This explains why the water purification mechanism is mostly about 50 gallons.
The problems faced by traditional pressure tank water purifier?
- Occupy cabinet space. Because the traditional water purifier is equipped with a separate pressure bucket in addition to the water equipment, it takes up a little cabinet space.
- Because the material of the water storage sac in the pressure tank is food-grade rubber, some enterprises can not ensure that the material is fully qualified in the process of producing the pressure barrel, which will affect the water quality of the water purifier.
3, the last level of the traditional water purifier filter element is post-activated carbon, so the quality of activated carbon is also crucial, otherwise because of the material problem will produce secondary pollution. In fact, it is not difficult to solve the above problems, as long as the use of regular manufacturers of qualified products, these problems can be avoided, but is the problem of occupying space, we think this problem is not important. Just because of the existence of some such problems came into being at the historic moment of the large flux tank water purifier.
Large flux tankless water purifier
We generally refer to the reverse osmosis membrane with water production capacity of more than 200 gallons as high flux reverse osmosis membrane, which is characterized by fast water production speed and can meet people’s long-term uninterrupted water production at the same time. Such a membrane is especially suitable for commercial occasions, because such a membrane requires matching pretreatment device and related pressurization equipment and accessories of 50 gallon machines are completely different. Its cost would have increased substantially.
Let’s look at one of the properties of reverse osmosis membranes. After the purifier stops running, there is still some pure water and wastewater in the membrane shell. Under the condition of no external pressure, there will be a bidirectional osmosis process in the membrane shell due to the osmotic pressure between concentrated water and pure water. With the extension of the bidirectional penetration time, the concentration of pure water in the membrane will gradually increase, the longer the downtime, the higher the TDS of pure water in the membrane, about pure water TDS reached 50% of the inlet TDS, the infiltration process reached equilibrium, then the TDS of pure water and concentrated water almost unchanged.
The characteristics of the above reverse osmosis membrane, for the large flux pure water machine, because the water is directly from the tap, so its maximum TDS value will reach half of the inlet TDS value, which is the reason why the high TDS when the large flux pure water machine is just started.
Now on the market for domestic large flux tankless pure water machine, its configuration of reverse osmosis membrane water production capacity is at least 400 gallons of an under sink ro tankless water purifier.
Why 400 gallons? Because the 400-gallon reverse osmosis membrane system can produce 1 liter of water per minute, it meets the relevant national standards for water dispenser discharge (greater than 0.8 liter/minute), and can be basically accepted by consumers. While other water purifiers larger than 400 gallons, the difference is that the water output per unit of time is larger, to bring users a better use experience.
In general, due to the speed of water production, this pure water machine no longer needs pressure water storage barrels, of course, there is no need for activated carbon after, in this way, the bacteria, nitrite exceeded the standard of the problem has been solved to a certain extent.
In this paper, we have carried out a large number of comparative analysis on the non-tank water purifier and the traditional water purifier, I believe that we are more understand, we can roughly summarize:
- The majority of consumers, do not believe the propaganda of merchants, merchants advocate large flux because large flux profit is larger, so in recent years, the continuous promotion of large flux, in view of the use experience and later cost, water small two does not recommend users choose large flux water purifier;
- Now some businesses will sell the large flux water purifier at a particularly low price, even lower than the price of the traditional water purifier, which is not a good phenomenon. We just want to say that it is not simple, businesses have no longer attached importance to the pre-sale profit, it is estimated that they will focus more on the profit in the late filter element.
- According to the survey, after using the large flux machine, many customers said that the poor experience is mainly due to the high price of replacing the filter element, as well as the existence of ambient water, which must be drained for at least 20 seconds before each water connection before direct use, and the experience is poor
- Large flux water purifier is more suitable for commercial, more people in public places, even if the commercial equipment must be used with the pressure barrel, but the commercial pressure barrel is larger than the household.