Pigment Dispersion Industry Overview
The global pigment dispersion market size is anticipated to reach USD 33.4 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., advancing at a CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period. The demand for colored packaging material is rapidly expanding, as it plays an important role in product presentation along with influencing the buying behavior of consumers at the point of sales. As a result, the demand for pigments in packaging is projected to increase during the forecast period.
Pigment Dispersion Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global pigment dispersion market on the basis of product, application, and region.
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Inorganic, Inorganic.
- The inorganic product segment led the market and accounted for more than 56.5% share of the global revenue in 2021.
- Inorganic pigment dispersion is derived from inorganic compounds such as chromates, sulfates, and metal oxides by various chemical formulations. Inorganic pigment dispersion is used in various applications, including plastics, paints & coatings, and printing inks, among others.
- Inorganic pigment dispersion is generally lighter than organic pigment dispersion; however, in applications demanding higher durability, inorganic pigment dispersion is preferred over organic pigment dispersion.
- Organic pigments are composed of carbon chains and carbon rings and are transparent owing to their large particle size. The common types of organic pigments include azo pigments, phthalocyanine pigments, lake pigments, and quinacridone pigments.
- The color strength of organic pigments is very much higher than inorganic pigments; however, the high prices and poor dispersion capabilities are restraining the growth of the organic pigments segment. Organic pigments find application in printing inks, paints & coatings, rubber, and plastics.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Plastics, Inks, Coatings, Others.
- The coatings application segment led the market, accounting for more than 39.0% share of the global revenue in 2021. The growing building & construction industry on account of infrastructure development in many economies such as the U.S., China, India, and Saudi Arabia, among others is expected to drive the demand for coatings during the forecast period, thus boosting the growth of the pigment dispersion market in the coming years.
- Pigment dispersion has widely substituted dyes in printing ink applications as the former provides better coloring to the printing ink, thereby offering the intended result to printing ink manufacturers.
- Inks that are made from dyes are composed of a colorant that is completely dissolved in a carrier fluid, whereas pigment dispersion-based printing inks consist of fine solid particles that get suspended in the carrier liquid.
- The increasing consumption of plastic in various end-use industries, including construction, automotive, medical devices, and electrical & electronics is expected to drive the demand for pigment dispersion during the forecast period.
- Plastics are being used in construction applications such as floorings, high-performance safety windows, insulation materials, storage tanks, roofing, pipes, domes/skylights, cables, and doors. A moderate scope for growth is presented by such an evolving market.
- Pigment dispersion is used in plastics, mostly with polyolefins, for plastic food packaging and other non-food packaging, in addition to building & construction products, coverings, gutters, sheets, films, and others.
- Epoxy and polyurethane formulations are used in various floorings that require pigment dispersion to offer decorative and functional colors. Pigment dispersion is used in rubber applications for coloring rubber sheets, tire side walls, and surgery equipment in the medical industry.
Pigment Dispersion Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The global market for pigment dispersion is fragmented in nature and major players are engaged in product development, strategic partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to vertically integrate across the value chain, reducing the operational cost to have more profit margins.
Some prominent players in the global pigment dispersion market include
- AArbor Colorants Corporation
- American Element
- Aralon Color GmbH
- BASF SE
- Clariant Ltd.
- Decorative Color & Chemical, Inc.
- Ferro Corporation
- Flint Group
- Heubach GmbH
- Kama Pigments
- Organic Dyes and Pigments
- Reitech Corporation
- Sun Chemical
- Trust Chem Co., Ltd.
- Sudarshan Chemical Industries Limited
- Pidilite Industries Ltd.
- Aum Farbenchem
- DyStar Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Achitex Minerva S.p.A.
- Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG
- Synthesia, a.s.
Order a free sample PDF of the Pigment Dispersion Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519