Traffic Road Marking Coatings Industry Overview
The global traffic road marking coatings market size is likely to reach USD 8.27 billion by 2030 at a CAGR of 6.0%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Technological advancement is an important factor in the market growth as countries are becoming more concerned about public health and safety. Growing environmental concerns are driving the need for greener products in a bid to promote a healthy environment.
Traffic Road Marking Coatings Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global traffic road marking coatings market report based on product, type, application, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into paint, thermoplastic, preformed polymer tape and epoxy
- Thermoplastic coating is projected to emerge as the fastest-growing product segment and is estimated to accumulate 23.3% of market revenue share during the forecast period. Conventional paint is ideal for markings on private spaces and public streets.
- Thermoplastic markings are applied in a thick/built-up layer to create rumble strips. This coating sets quickly and adheres firmly to the surface. Extra additives can be added to retain its color over time, thus improving its reflective capabilities. High strength and resistance make them wear resistance.
- Preformed polymer tapes, also referred to as tape or cold plastic, are placed either over the surface of the pavement or the asphalt concrete during the hardening process. Along with its use for crosswalks and stop bars, it is also supplied in sheets from which unique shapes, forms, or letters can be designed.
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into permanent and removable
- Permanent traffic road marking includes pavement tapes and paints. Aerosol permanent paints are widely used for traffic line marking. They exhibit an extremely high percentage of solid and resin content, contributing to exterior durability and water, weather, and abrasion resistance.
- Aerosol paints are available in a variety of colors but white and yellow are mostly preferred in several applications including crosswalks, streets, highways, airport runways, and parking lots.
- Removable traffic road markings are primarily used for painting signs, identification numbers, and direction arrows on warehouse floors, road construction zones, synthetic turf fields, and others.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into road marking lines and road marking labels
- Road marking lines emerged as the largest application segment with a market share of 55.1% in terms of revenue in 2021.
- The rising usage of road marking lines to guide the vehicles on the road is expected to propel the demand for road marking lines in the coming years. The marking indicates the delineation of traffic path and lateral clearance from traffic hazards for safe and smooth movement on the road.
- Road marking labels is projected to emerge as the fastest-growing application segment owing to their high suitability for roads, public highways, and on-site applications.
- Traffic road marking labels promote traffic safety, notify drivers of the speed limit, and provide directions and other useful information to all road users including pedestrians and cyclists.
Traffic Road Marking Coatings Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
Manufacturers focus on developing innovative products, such as temperature-sensitive, long-lasting, reflective paints. The market is characterized by a high degree of forwarding integration expected by manufacturers to increase their position in the global market.
Some of the prominent players operating in the global traffic road marking coatings market include:
- AutoMark Technologies (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Geveko Markings
- Ennis Flint, Inc.
- Crown Techno; Dow Inc
- The 3M Company
Market Industry Development
- February 2021: Dow released its DURATRACKTM 2K Technology for big area markings like green cycling lanes. Dow's green bicycle lane coatings combine the simplicity and sprayability of waterborne solutions with the reliability and performance of a two-component solution.
- January 2019: Ennis-Flint, Inc., a manufacturer, and supplier of pavement marking materials, made progress toward a new production facility in the Triad.
Order a free sample PDF of the Traffic Road Marking Coatings Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]