Waste Management Industry Data Book Covers Plastic Waste Management, Food Waste Management and Waste Recycling Services Markets.
The economic value generated by the waste management industry was estimated at approximately USD 1.24 trillion in 2021.
Liquid Waste Management Market Report Highlights
The global liquid waste management market size was valued at USD 90.3 billion in 2018, and it is expected to reach USD 117.3 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 3.8% CAGR (2019-2025).
- Residential sector accounted for 42.7% market share in terms of revenue in 2018 on account of augmented water usage in residential applications leading to increasing amount of per capita wastewater generation, thereby fueling the segment growth
- In terms of revenue, the commercial sector is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.0% from 2019 to 2025 owing to increasing wastewater generation from the hospitality industry, coupled with high demand for water in the medical sector
- Pharmaceutical industry is expected to register a CAGR of 4.5% in terms of revenue over the forecast period on account of increasing pharmaceutical production driven by population growth across the globe
- U.S. accounted for 22.2% market share in terms of revenue in 2018 owing to presence of established industrial and commercial activities leading to a large volume of wastewater generation, along with stringent regulations imposed by EPA in the country
- Major players operating in the liquid waste management market are integrated across all the stages of the process, including collection, transportation, and disposal of liquid waste, which aids in cost saving and increased profits.
Plastic Waste Management Market Report Highlights
The global plastic waste management market was estimated at approximately USD 33.06 billion in 2019, and it is anticipated to reach USD 42.2 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 3.1% CAGR (2020-2027).
- Recycling is anticipated to be the fastest growing service segment, registering a CAGR of 4.9% over the forecast period owing to the growing number of recycling plants and stringent regulations for recycling of plastic
- Based on polymer, the Polypropylene (PP) segment is anticipated to dominate the market over the forecast period owing to its increasing in automotive, packaging, and textile industries on account of excellent chemical resistance
- The packaging end-use segment is anticipated to be the largest contributor in the market on account of increasing application of recycled plastics in the form of bottles, containers, bags, and other packaging products
- In Asia Pacific, the plastic waste management market is anticipated to register fastest growth of 3.4% over the forecast period owing to rising GDP, growing population, and increasing disposable income in the developing economies such as India, China, and Japan
- Key players in the market are focusing on several strategies including new product developments, new service developments, expansions, contracts, partnerships, and joint ventures.
Access the Global Waste Management Industry Data Book, 2022 to 2030, compiled with details like market sizing information & forecasts, trade data, pricing intelligence, competition benchmarking, macro-environmental analyses, and regulatory & technological framework studies
Drilling Waste Management Market Report Highlights
The global drilling waste management market size was valued over USD 4.02 billion in 2016, and it is expected to reach USD 7.13 billion by 2025, and is predicted to grow at CAGR of 6.6% CAGR (2017-2025).
- The U.S. drilling waste management market will witness growth of 3.79% CAGR over the forecast period. The slowdown in the oil and gas market has deeply impacted the drilling markets in the country, with some estimates suggesting 60% decrease in rig drilling. High break-even costs and longer gestation periods in shale exploration and production have further impacted industry growth.
- In 2025, UK drilling waste management market is predicted to be valued at USD 0.39 billion. The country has large scale onshore and offshore drilling activities and is among the first nations in the world to introduce stringent waste management legislation.
- China drilling waste management market is expected to grow at 12.09% CAGR. The country is expected to undertake large scale offshore exploration projects to discover natural gas reserves.
Food Waste Management Market Report Highlights
The global food waste management market was valued at USD 34.22 billion in 2019, and it is anticipated to reach USD 106.7 billion by 2030. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.4% CAGR (2020-2027).
- The fruits and vegetable segment dominated the market and accounted for 20.3% of the global revenue share in 2022 owing to a lack of proper handling, storage, and processing of the produce
- The disposal segment dominated the market and accounted for 25.4% of the global revenue share in 2022as the food waste treated has a lower number of pathogens and thus, restricts the spread of odor and diseases and promotes hygiene and sanitation
- The residential end-use segment dominated the market and accounted for 44.2% of the global revenue share in 2022. Rapidly growing population and changing lifestyles are expected to boost the food waste generated by households
- Europe is estimated to witness a CAGR of 5.4% over the forecast period owing to the stringent regulations on food waste management is expected to drive the market in the region over the forecast period
- The market is competitive in nature due to the presence of multinationals operating in the industry. It is characterized by the presence of a significant consumer base with the companies operating their business through dedicated distribution networks
Waste Recycling Services Market Report Highlights
The global waste recycling services market market was size to be valued at USD 54.39 billion 2020, and it is anticipated to reach USD 81.3 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 5.2% CAGR (2021-2028).
- The municipal segment accounted for over 53% of the global revenue share in 2020 owing to the implementation of policy frameworks and increasing investments in municipal trash recycling services in developing economies of India, China, Bangladesh, and Thailand
- Electronic waste accounted for a significant market share in 2020 as manufacturers are focusing on recycling, disposing, and reusing to ensure a sustainable future, both in developed and developing economies
- Plastics are projected to witness a CAGR of 7.0% from 2020 to 2028 on account of initiatives undertaken by various governments, environmentalists, and non-profit organizations globally to reduce plastic waste and meet sustainable development goals
- Asia Pacific accounted for more than 39% of the global revenue share in 2020 due to the rapid industrialization, population expansion, and economic growth, resulting in increased waste generation
- The global market has witnessed significant technical improvements and sustainability, which have aided the service providers to reduce operating costs and enhance profit margins
Order your copy of the Free Sample of “Waste Management Industry Data Book – Plastic Waste Management, Food Waste Management and Waste Recycling Services Market Size, Share, Trends Analysis, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 – 2030” Data Book, published by Grand View Research
Key players operating in the waste management industry are –
- Veolia Group
- Waste Management Inc.
- Covanta Holding Corporation
- Stericycle, Inc.
- Clean Harbors, Inc.
- Hawkvale Limited, etc.
Grand View Research’s waste management industry data book is a collection of market sizing information & forecasts, competitive benchmarking analyses, macro-environmental analyses, and regulatory & technological framework studies. Within the purview of the database, such information is systematically analyzed and provided in the form of outlook reports and summary presentations on individual areas of research.
Go through the table of content of Waste Management Industry Data Book to get a better understanding of the Coverage & Scope of the study
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Web: Micro Markets