LaC refers to the management and configuration of infrastructure in a descriptive cloud operating model. It is the process of managing and provisioning computer data centers through machine-readable definition files instead of physical hardware or interactive tools. Given below are some of the benefits of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Speed- Using IaC, you can easily and quickly set up your complete infrastructure by running a script. It results in making the entire software development lifecycle more efficient.
- Consistency- IaC eliminates the chances of failure and guarantees deploying the same configurations over and over, without discrepancies. Thus, ensuring consistency in the process.
- Accountability-It allows you to version IaC configuration files and provides you with full traceability of the changes in each configuration. Thus, eliminating the need of doing guesswork.
- Low Cost- IaC results in lowering the cost of infrastructure management. Using cloud computing along with IaC eliminates the need of spending money on hardware, hiring people to operate it, and building or rent physical space to store it
What is Terraform?
Terraform is an open-source Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tool useful for creating, changing, and improving infrastructure. It helps in defining resources and infrastructure in human-readable, declarative configuration files. In addition, it also manages your infrastructure’s lifecycle and provides you with many advantages over manually managing your infrastructure.
Benefits of Using Terraform
Terraform is an Open Source and platform-agnostic tool that provides the best Infrastructure as Code (IaC) solution for configuring, testing, and deploying infrastructure across multiple cloud providers. It allows the DevOps team to use one unified, consistent solution to manage each of their cloud infrastructures. Terraform is declarative and it focuses on the goal rather than focusing on the steps to reach that goal. This tool can figure out how to achieve that state without actually defining all the steps. Unlike most of the Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and automation tools, Terraform is agentless. Unlike them, it doesn’t require running software in the background on each server. Many institutes provide Terraform Training in Gurgaon and one can enroll in them to start a career in it. Apart from these, given below are some of the benefits of using Terraform.
- Uses a Modular Structure that provides a user with a standard interface for creating resources.
- It has a large community ecosystem which allows you to easily hire a consultant if you need help.
- Allows you to commit your configurations to version control to safely collaborate on infrastructure.
- You can easily track resource changes throughout your deployments.
- Provides a human-readable configuration language for writing infrastructure code quickly.
- Is capable of managing infrastructure on multiple cloud platforms.
Modules are small, reusable Terraform configurations useful for multiple infrastructure resources that are used together. They help in the automation of complex resources with re-usable, configurable constructs. Using modules, you can create logical abstraction on top of some resource set. To further know about it, one can visit Terraform Online Course. Given below are some of the uses of Terraform Modules.
- It makes it easier to navigate, understand, and update your configuration.
- Module encapsulates configuration into distinct logical components.
- Helps in saving time and reducing costly errors by re-using configurations.
- Provides consistency in your configurations and makes complex configurations easier to understand.
- Allows you to make that update in a single place and have it be applied to all cases.
Terraform is an Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tool useful for creating, changing, and improving infrastructure. Terraform is agentless and it doesn’t require running software in the background on each server. Using it, you can easily track resource changes throughout your deployments and manage infrastructure on multiple cloud platforms.